Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Off With Their Heads!

After reading Hugh Hewitt's recent blog entry, " The Democrats' November Death Wish," I was left with anticipation. Merely, because I am curious to see what the future holds for the Democrats.

Hugh highlights the fact that the "Republican candidates now hold a 10-point lead over the Democrats on the generic Congressional ballot." By making his argument comprehensible, he concludes that most prefer the Republican candidate. Explaining to the reader that "the Democrats refuse to extend the Bush tax cuts, refuse to fix the death tax which will skyrocket at the end of the year without action, and refuse to address the wild spending which has driven the deficit to levels that risk a fiscal stroke."

Hugh provides further information as to why the Democrats are digging themselves further and further down a pit by exploiting that they will "...advantage themselves in elections via the so-called "DISCLOSE Act," which happens to be a "partisan ploy." According to his article "most voters just laugh at the shamelessness of the ploy."

This article leads me to speculate that Hugh, himself, is one of the voters who is "laughing at this shameless ploy". Never once does he exploit any of the GOP's "ploy[s]", making them seem like saints. However, this very biased argument had some concrete facts. Hugh smeared my positive thoughts about the Democratic party with his Republican rant. I have foreseen the future that he wanted me to see. I will have to look into this matter a little deeper than I anticipated.

I don't necessarily agree that "all together the Democrats are not merely headed towards a political cliff, they are sprinting towards it." I do think that it shall be something to keep an eye on. But in the mean time, the Republicans can put their guillotine away, because in politics you just never know what could happen.

Hugh Hewitt is professor, lawyer and broadcast journalist. His blog is "amongst the most visited political blogs in the U.S."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well written and I like how your play-on-words.